Board-certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Houtan Chaboki understands that you're not ready to let your face give away your age. The women and men who visit him for facelift surgery in Washington, DC feel the same way. Because the face is such an expressive and complex feature, it's particularly important to choose a specialist for your facelift. Dr. Chaboki is an excellent choice. In addition to his impressive qualifications and extensive experience, he is highly regarded for his attractive and natural-looking facelift results.
To discuss your goals for cosmetic facial surgery and the areas that you would like to improve, request your cosmetic consultation with Dr. Chaboki online or call his office at (202) 741-3409.
Meet Dr. Chaboki
Dr. Chaboki is a caring surgeon with a strong cosmetic and reconstructive background. Follow him online
Dr. Chaboki understands how the natural aging process affects the intricate anatomy of the face. At his Washington, DC practice, he performs facelift surgery to rejuvenate the lower face by:
- Tightening wrinkled, sagging skin and loose facial muscles
- Raising fat and tissue that has sagged to the lower cheeks and jowls
- Defining the jawline
- Contouring the neck (when combined with a neck lift)
Types of Facelifts
Dr. Chaboki specializes in multiple face lift techniques in his Washinton, DC practice and tailors each procedure to the patient. After a comprehensive evaluation, he will recommend the best option for you based on your areas of most concern, the amount of correction you would like to achieve, and your underlying facial anatomy. Facelift options include:
- The limited-incision facelift - also called a mini lift, short scar lift, or S-lift - allows patients in their 40s to 50s with early signs of aging to enhance their looks without the downtime of a full facelift. Dr. Chaboki chooses this technique based on a patient's anatomy and degree of sagging, not necessarily his or her age.
- The traditional facelift, also called a full or complete facelift, is for patients with more advanced aging of the lower two-thirds of the face. Fat, skin, and tissue will be reshaped, lifted, and repositioned for a refreshed appearance.
- A secondary facelift may be required for those who have had a prior facelift. These procedures vary in complexity and degree of correction. Minor touch-ups may be performed in the office with local anesthesia. While Dr. Chaboki can make you look younger and more beautiful, he can't stop the natural aging process.
Your Facial Rejuvenation Options
Dr. Chaboki often combines facelift surgery with other procedures to provide more complete rejuvenation of the face. Options include:
- Mid facelift restores fullness under the eyes and to the mid face/cheek area.
- Neck lift eliminates a double chin and other fat deposits, corrects vertical neck banding, and tightens the skin.
- Facial sculpting defines the jaw, chin, and neck with liposuction and facial implants.
- Med spa treatments, such as facial fillers, chemical peels, and BOTOX® Cosmetic, provide non-surgical rejuvenation for patients who are not ready for cosmetic surgery.
Although the aging process affects the entire face, it may be noticeable in some areas earlier than others. Dr. Chaboki gives patients the choice of whether to address individual areas or the entire face based on their needs and desires. He offers a variety of facial rejuvenation options that can complement a facelift by renewing the forehead, lower eyelids, and the mid face.
How It's Performed
The facelift procedure will be performed under sedation with local anesthesia or with general anesthesia. Dr. Chaboki carefully places the incisions around the ears and/or under the chin to minimize the visibility of scars. Tissue is tightened, skin is lifted, and excess fat is removed.
Recovery After Facelift Surgery
The immediate recovery from a facelift varies but normally takes anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks before you feel "restaurant ready." During this initial recovery period, expect to experience some temporary swelling and bruising.
Your Renewed Look
Once your recovery is complete, your face will look younger, fresher, and more attractive. When you choose Dr. Chaboki as your facelift surgeon, your results should appear natural without looking extreme or "worked-on." His priorities are patient safety and natural-looking rejuvenation.
After a facelift, you should look better than nature intended for the remainder of your life. The aging process continues, however, so the procedure won't stop wrinkles and sagging skin from developing over the years. You should look better than if you had not had the procedure in the first place.
Some patients visit Dr. Chaboki for a secondary facelift several years after the original procedure. Minor touch-ups may be requested earlier. You may choose non-surgical procedures such as BOTOX, facial fillers, or laser treatments to help maintain a youthful appearance.
For detailed information about the facelift procedure, please be sure to view our Facelift FAQ answered by Dr. Chaboki.â€ƒ