Houtan Chaboki, MD
2311 M Street, N.W. Suite 501
Washington, DC 20037
Phone: (202) 800-2085
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Facial Plastic Surgery
Feeling confident comes easily when your appearance reflects your inner vitality. If your appearance does not reflect the way you feel, Dr. Houtan Chaboki and the Potomac Plastic Surgery team can help you look naturally more attractive and youthful. As a board-certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Chaboki is skilled in a variety of modern facial rejuvenation techniques, both surgical and nonsurgical. He performs facial plastic surgery in Washington, DC, both for the entire face and focused areas such as the eyes, cheeks, or neck.
Dr. Chaboki offers a variety of options to help you look refreshed and younger. No single treatment plan is appropriate for all patients. His highly individualized approach to facial rejuvenation is based on the patient’s underlying anatomy, degree of facial aging, and personal goals. After a comprehensive evaluation, Dr. Chaboki will determine the specific options appropriate for you and discuss them in an unhurried and supportive manner.
- Facelift surgery reduces wrinkles and give you tighter, younger-looking skin.
- Mid facelift, also called a cheek lift, restores fullness and a youthful look to the middle of the face.
- Neck lift tightens loose skin and stretched neck muscles, sculpts the jawline, and removes excess fat from under the chin and on the neck.
- Brow lift reduces frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and drooping eyebrows.
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) corrects signs of aging around the eyes, helping you look younger and more alert.
- Asian eyelid surgery creates a more defined upper eyelid crease.
- Chin augmentation gives your face balance.
- Cheek augmentation enhances the midface for a sculpted look.
- Cosmetic rhinoplasty changes the size and shape of your nose for improved proportions.
- Medical rhinoplasty corrects the nasal airways to improve breathing.
- Ear surgery (otoplasty) improves the appearance of protruding or overly large ears.
- Facial sculpting improves balance among facial features with facial implants, cheek and jaw reduction, or neck liposuction.
- Various procedures for men specifically address cosmetic concerns typically faced by male patients.
Houtan Chaboki, MD
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Certified by both the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Chaboki has extensive knowledge of the intricacies of the face and neck. When you choose him for your procedure, you’re choosing one of the most reputable facial plastic surgeons in DC, as well as a nationwide leader in preservation rhinoplasty.
How the Face Ages
The young face has full, rounded cheeks, a defined jawline, and firm, smooth skin. Over the years, gravity, sun exposure, heredity, and stress contribute to aging of the skin and tissues of the face and neck. In addition, collagen production in the skin slows down, making the skin thinner and less elastic. Fullness under the eyes and in the mid-cheek area diminishes or descends to form nasolabial folds and jowls. For some, fat accumulates on the jawline, under the chin, and along the neck.
Facial Rejuvenation By Age
|Procedure||Age 30 to 40||Age 40 to 50||Age 50 to 70||Nonsurgical Options|
|Facelift||See nonsurgical options.||Limited-incision technique corrects early aging of the lower face.||Corrects jowls, sagging cheeks, and loose skin.||Liquid facelift (combines BOTOX® Cosmetic and injectable fillers)|
|Mid Facelift||See nonsurgical options.||Corrects early signs of aging in the cheek area. May be combined with cheek augmentation.||Often performed as part of a facelift.||Liquid facelift (combines BOTOX and fillers)|
|Neck Lift||Liposuction of the neck is performed, with or without chin augmentation.||Liposuction of the neck is performed, with or without chin augmentation.||Targets loose skin, double chin, neck banding.||BOTOX, fillers, chemical peels|
|Brow Lift||Improves naturally heavy brows.||Lifts sagging brow area.||Often combined with eyelid surgery and a facelift.||BOTOX, fillers|
|Eyelid Surgery||Lifts naturally heavy lids. Reduces puffy under-eye bags. Asian eyelid surgery defines upper eyelid crease.||Removes sagging eyelid skin and excess fat. May be performed instead of, or in addition to, a brow lift.||Often combined with brow lift and facelift.||BOTOX, fillers|
|Chin Augmentation||Adds prominence to a naturally small or recessed chin.||Provides balance between facial features.||May be combined with facelift and neck lift.||Fillers|
|Cheek Augmentation||Augments flat or underdeveloped cheeks.||Restores lost volume for a pre-facelift.||Often combined with a facelift.||Fillers, fat transfer|
|Rhinoplasty||Improves the appearance and function of the nose.||Improves the appearance and function of the nose.||Improves the appearance and function of the nose.||Fillers|
|Ear Surgery||Corrects misshapen or protruding ears.||Corrects ear shape and repairs torn or stretched ear lobes.||Reduces stretched, sagging earlobes. May be combined with a facelift.||Fillers|
To discover the many ways in which the team at Potomac Plastic Surgery can help you reveal your best self with facial plastic surgery in Washington, DC, please request a consultation online or call us at