Injectable fillers such as Restylane (hyaluronic acid), Juvederm, Radiesse, and Sculptra are good options for various cosmetic enhancements for facial aging Washington area residents. Treatment areas vary for each product, including nasolabial / smile lines, marionette lines, cheek or midface augmentation, or lip enhancement.
Some local anesthesia is generally required, since each filler is injected via a small needle. However, cosmetic treatment should not be very painful. Most Maryland facial plastic surgeons or dermatologists use a combination of anesthesia techniques to minimize discomfort.
- ice pack prior to procedure
- topical anesthesia cream on treated areas
- nerve or dental block with injection of anesthesia into skin
- mixing anesthesia directly with the filler
- oral pain medication prior to procedure
- specific technique of administering local anesthesia
- facial massage
There are many other techniques I use which may help alleviate any pain with injections.