Facial Rejuvenation Overview
Feeling confident comes easy when your appearance reflects your inner vitality. If you look older and more tired than you feel, Dr. Houtan Chaboki can help you look naturally more attractive and youthful again. As a board-certified facial plastic surgeon in Washington, DC, Dr. Chaboki is skilled in a variety of modern facial rejuvenation techniques, both surgical and non-surgical, for the entire face or focused areas such as the eyes, cheeks, or neck.
To discover the many ways in which Dr. Chaboki can help you look younger, request your cosmetic consultation online or call him at (202) 800-2085.
How the Face Ages
The young face has full, rounded cheeks, a defined jawline, and firm, smooth skin. Over the years, gravity, sun exposure, heredity, and stress contribute to aging of the skin and tissues of the face and neck. In addition, collagen production in the skin slows down making the skin thinner and less elastic. Fullness under the eyes and in the mid-cheek area diminishes or descends to form nasolabial folds and jowls. For some, fat accumulates on the jawline, under the chin, and along the neck.
Your Facial Rejuvenation Options
Dr. Chaboki offers a variety of options to help you look refreshed and younger. No single treatment plan is appropriate for all patients. His highly individualized approach to facial rejuvenation is based on the patient's underlying anatomy, degree of facial aging, and personal goals. After a comprehensive evaluation, Dr. Chaboki will determine the specific options appropriate for you, and discuss them in an unhurried and supportive manner. Review the table below for a summary of common facial rejuvenation procedures for women and men by age group.
Facial Rejuvenation by Age
|Procedure||Age 30 to 40||Age 40 to 50||Age 50 to 70||Non-Surgical Options|
|Brow Lift||Age 30 to 40Improves naturally heavy brows.||Age 40 to 50Lifts sagging brow area.||Age 50 to 70Often combined with eyelid surgery and a facelift.||Non-Surgical OptionsBOTOX® Cosmetic, injectable fillers|
|Cheek Augmentation||Age 30 to 40Augments flat or underdeveloped cheeks.||Age 40 to 50Restores lost volume for a pre-facelift.||Age 50 to 70Often combined with a facelift.||Non-Surgical OptionsInjectable fillers, fat transfer|
|Chin Augmentation||Age 30 to 40Adds prominence to a naturally small or recessed chin.||Age 40 to 50Provides balance between facial features.||Age 50 to 70May be combined with facelift and neck lift.||Non-Surgical OptionsFillers restore volume and fill out chin wrinkles.|
|Ear Surgery||Age 30 to 40Corrects misshapen or protruding ears.||Age 40 to 50Corrects ear shape and repairs torn or stretched ear lobes.||Age 50 to 70Reduces stretched, sagging earlobes. May be combined with a facelift.||Non-Surgical OptionsFillers soften creases.|
|Facelift||Age 30 to 40See non-surgical options.||Age 40 to 50Limited-incision technique corrects early aging of the lower face.||Age 50 to 70Corrects jowls, sagging cheeks, and loose skin.||Non-Surgical OptionsNon-surgical facelift which combines fillers & BOTOX.|
|Mid Facelift||Age 30 to 40See non-surgical options.||Age 40 to 50Corrects early signs of aging in the cheek area. May be combined with cheek augmentation.||Age 50 to 70Often performed as part of a facelift.||Non-Surgical OptionsNon-surgical facelift which combines fillers & BOTOX.|
|Neck Lift||Age 30 to 40Liposuction of the neck is performed, with or without chin augmentation.||Age 40 to 50Liposuction of the neck is performed, with or without chin augmentation.||Age 50 to 70Targets loose skin, double chin, neck banding||Non-Surgical OptionsBOTOX, fillers, chemical peels.|
|Eyelid Surgery||Age 30 to 40Lifts naturally heavy lids. Reduces puffy under-eye bags. Asian eyelid surgery defines upper eyelid crease.||Age 40 to 50Removes sagging eyelid skin and excess fat. May be performed instead of, or in addition to, a brow lift.||Age 50 to 70Often combined with brow lift and facelift.||Non-Surgical OptionsBOTOX, fillers|
|Rhinoplasty||Age 30 to 40Improves the appearance and function of the nose.||Age 40 to 50Improves the appearance and function of the nose.||Age 50 to 70Improves the appearance and function of the nose.||Non-Surgical OptionsBotox, Fillers|
For the Upper Face
Upper face rejuvenation may include one or a combination of the following procedures:
- Brow lift raises sagging eyebrows and upper eyelids.
- Eyelid surgery of the upper and lower eyelids opens the eye area and reduces under-eye puffiness.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments relax forehead lines and creases.
For the Mid Face
Mid face rejuvenation may include any or all of these procedures:
- Mid facelift restores fullness to sagging cheeks.
- Cheek augmentation defines flat or sunken cheeks, and reduces lower eyelid bags in younger patients.
- Lower eyelid surgery reduces puffiness under the eyes and lifts sagging lower eyelids.
- Injectable treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and facial fillers smooth wrinkles and fill nasolabial folds.
For the Lower Face
Lower face rejuvenation may include one or more of the following procedures:
- Facelift and neck lift lift and smooth sagging cheeks, jawline, and neck.
- Facial sculpting contours the neck and jawline with liposuction.
- Chin augmentation improves the proportions of the lower face with a chin implant.
- Lip enhancement with fat transfer or facial fillers restores definition and fullness to the lips.
- Non-surgical facelift softens early signs of aging in patients in their 30s and 40s through a personalized combination of injectable treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and facial fillers. This treatment can also enhance or maintain improvements from facial plastic surgery.